Sure Paris may be the city of love and Dubai the city of wonders, but New York is a city of lights, love and of course awe. And it’s just one of the many choices the U.S. has to offer. With its bustling cities, bountiful forests, and shimmering oceans, for the newlyweds on a budget, U.S. honeymoons are a sure way to find paradise in your own backyard. Below are my (Megan) top 5 picks for best U.S. honeymoon spots:
1. The Michalangelo, New York, NY: Get a little taste of Italy in the Big City, while staying at this Venitian inspired luxury hotel. And talk about location! This hotel is within walking distance to shopping on Madison and fifth avenues, Times Square, Central Park, and the Fashion District- just to name a few! With its crystal embellishments, Old World charm, and location, this hotel is sure to have you say “Bellissimo!”
2. Napa Valley, California: Next stop Wine Country! Enjoy the sights and sips in the beautiful countryside of Napa Valley which consists of these fabulous towns - Calistoga, St. Helena, Rutherford, Oakville, Yountville, and Napa city. All of these places offer beautiful countryside, fabulous food and savory wine. Here you can relax in a quaint bed and breakfast or truly get away from it all on a hot-air balloon ride!
3. Las Vegas: Who says the party has to be over after you cut the cake? Continue your celebration on a honeymoon to Vegas! Here you can shop on the strip, visit the Eiffel Tower,(or at least the ½ size replica), and of course gamble. With all of the sights, shopping, and plethora of attractions, the city of sin has plenty of ways for you to rejoice in your holy matrimony!
4. The Don at St. Pete Beach, Florida: Feel like royalty while staying in the “Pink Palace”, a.k.a. the Don CeSar in St. Petersburg, Florida. This European inspired luxury resort and spa is located right on St. Pete Beach and has plenty to offer. From scuba diving, massages, as well as a golf course, this resort has it all! And after celebrating your honeymoon here you can come back for your anniversary and join the 350+ couples on the beach during the Annual Vow Renewal day at the resort.
5. Canoe Bay Wisconsin: Of course being a Wisconsin native, I had to add this one! This cozy but luxurious resort located a few hours northwest of Chicago, boasts 3 private lakes, acres of forest and amenities like personal decks, fireplaces and whirlpools. With the lodge’s restrictions on kids, pets and phones, it is the perfect place to get away from it all!