Monday, September 11, 2017

Our Favorite Miss Ruby Memories

While it's true that every Miss Ruby Bride has a special place in our heart, there are some people, stories, and moments that touch our hearts long after the "I Do." We asked our stylists to share their favorite Miss Ruby Memories. What they came up with was a poignant list that reminds us why we continually LOVE doing what we do. 

____________________________________


"I ask brides how they got engaged and usually hear one amazing, over-the-top story after another. I asked one bride and she started telling me that her story wasn't very remarkable - her fiance asked her during dinner at Applebees with their two young children sitting in high chairs next to them. I could tell she was sort of embarrassed, but her story stands out to me. Weddings bring out the ultra-romantic side of everyone, and that's amazing. But professing your devotion on a random weeknight with your kids? To me, that has 'true love' written all over it."

- Hillary


"Over this past winter I had the most heartwarming experience with one of my brides.  She came in with her mother, her fiancĂ©'s mother, and grandmother.  After about an hour of trying dresses on, the bride ended up falling in love with the first dress she put on, but before she could say "YES," she had to show her father.  She then shared with me that from the beginning of time, it was always her father who went shopping for dresses with her, whether it was her first communion or prom, dad had to say yes first.  This was such a memorable experience for me because I didn't have a strong male figure in my life when I was growing up.  When her father came in and saw his daughter in the dress of her dreams, you could tell that he was happier than ever before.  I will never forget this moment because it was the sweetest thing, true happiness!"

- Sadee


"I once had an appointment where the sister of the bride called ahead of time to tell me that the bride has never felt special or been the center of attention before in her life and that coming to the appointment was going to be a really big deal for her. I knew that I had to be extra sensitive and helpful for this bride, and I think I gave her a once in a lifetime experience. She told me she never knew she could look so pretty and she just genuinely really appreciated me and I was honored to help make her feel special."

- Sara


"I swear I have a new favorite memory each week at Miss Ruby. One that particularly sticks out in my mind was with a bride named Kayla. She was someone I connected with right away! Her Mom and MIL pulled me aside before the appointment to tell me they had brought her some goodies to surprise her with for when she made the big decision! It was a super cute display of different mini treats and mimosas. I really felt like I was a huge part in helping her on her "dress journey." It was a really special moment. On their way out, hugs were shared by everyone and they thanked me endlessly, and that's when I knew that I'm right where I need to be."

- Braylee


"I have experienced so many special moments with brides during their visits to Miss Ruby. I've been helping brides for ten years & I still love hearing their stories. Every bride is so unique & I love to hear how they met their fiance & got engaged & just learning more about the bride.  But the most memorable & heartwarming moments for me are when the bride returns after her wedding - maybe with a friend, relative, or sibling that is now getting married.  It's so nice to see them again and to hear about their wedding, the children they've had since their wedding, how they are doing, etc. Our brides become part of our Miss Ruby family & it's always very special to see them again." 

- Erin


"I like to find more about the bride I'm working with. I asked one bride how her fiance proposed, and she had the best response. She got a diamond ring and A NEW PUPPY! I thought it was so cute. Seriously though, I would marry anyone who gave me a puppy."

- Jimmy

____________________________________

No comments: