Monday, April 30, 2018

How a Miss Ruby Stylist Plans a Wedding...

We're lucky enough to have two bride-to-be's currently working at Miss Ruby Boutique! We wanted them to share their wedding planning experiences and inspiration with our followers so other Milwaukee bride's can learn just how Bridal Stylists plan their own weddings!

Meet Hillary




Hillary has been a Miss Ruby Stylist for 6 years and currently works as our Marketing Manager. She is in charge of not only managing our staff, but also coordinating photo shoots, wedding shows, social media, and collaborating with other wedding vendors.
Her and her fiancé John recently got engaged over 4th of July weekend 2017!
(engagement photo taken by Nikki Kate Photography of Milwaukee, WI)

1. What is the overall theme of your wedding and how did you choose it?




My fiance and I considered doing a traditional wedding with a sit-down dinner and dancing, but it just didn't feel like “us” - I love traditional weddings but when it came to our wedding day, we wanted something beautiful, laid back, and a little unexpected. We decided on doing a morning wedding followed immediately by a brunch reception. This allows us to be surrounded by family and friends but in a more casual way. 

Plus, who isn’t their happiest at brunch? No one. 

2. What are your wedding colors & where did you get inspired to use these colors?



Even though I’m surrounded by wedding ideas, I found my color scheme from Pinterest just like everyone else. I was torn between doing a trendy, muted color palette and incorporating bright, colorful florals. Luckily, my vendors have been amazing and have been able to help me incorporate both on my day!

3. Where is your venue & how did you choose it?




John and I met, fell in love, and currently live on the East Side of Milwaukee, so we knew we wanted a downtown location in the city we love best. Because of my job, I know the in’s and out’s of a lot of beautiful Milwaukee wedding venues. Villa Terrace has always been my dream venue and I knew that it had the overall look and feel I wanted. My fiance is very picky, and all it took was a short tour (in the rain!) for him to agree it was perfect, too!

4. Are there any vendors you are excited about using?


 


I learned about Belle Fiori just from living on the East Side for so long. They are a great Milwaukee vendor that really listened to my ideas and I know they are going to create something great! 

I was instantly impressed when I visited From Scratch Catering for my initial consultation. I considered other caterers but they all fell short compared to Addie’s friendliness, communication skills, and overall help throughout the process. 

I was recommended to Avenue M Salon & Spa from friends who have used them at their wedding. I recently had my hair and makeup trial and am SO excited for my look - these ladies are total pros who know exactly what they are doing!

5. What has been the hardest part of wedding planning?


There is a lot of pressure when it comes to weddings. I thought I would bypass all of it by having a non-traditional wedding day, but I was very wrong. I think women in general are raised to be highly empathetic and shoulder a lot of emotional labor, and I’ve had a hard time making decisions without second guessing how it will come across to other people.

6. What are you most looking forward to about your wedding day?



My fiancĂ© and I are foregoing a first look, because we both agreed we wanted the first time we see each other on the wedding day to be when I’m walking down the aisle. I’m looking so forward to that moment that I’m afraid I’m going to faint! With that said, unlimited bacon and mimosas at our reception is a close second.

7. What look are you putting together for bridesmaids?




I’m doing my bridesmaids in mismatched florals, which I think will fit the casual, elegant feel of my wedding. I can't wait to see it all together!

8. What accessories are you adding to your dress?




A super long veil was a must-have for me. I also wanted to incorporate a little color into my wedding day look. Without giving too much away, if my dress was an emoji it would definitely be the pink bow! 

9. What is getting you through the wedding planning process?


Bubble baths, online shopping, and a glass of red wine - all at once preferably. 

10. As a bride-to-be, what advice do you have for other Milwaukee brides?


Find vendors who actually listen to you and have your best interests in mind. Working at Miss Ruby Boutique has always made me very aware that wedding planning is only as easy and your vendors are easy to work with. Put together a team that totally “gets” you and you’ll have nothing to worry about. 

Check Back to See How It All Comes Together!

No comments: